Hirsh Industries has operated continuously since 1924 when it began as the W. P. Johnson Company which specialized in metal
fabrication. Eventually W. P. Johnson narrowed its focus to making steel filing cabinets. In 1999 the company took on the name
Hirsh Industries as the primary product lines expanded to include commercial grade filing and commercial / industrial grade shelving
items, along with a broader assortment of small office/home office file cabinets.